Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Goat Followed Me Home


A goat followed me home today and it won't leave. It's a little pigmy goat, white with little horns that he likes to butt you with. He is also wearing a collar, but no tags. We don't know where he came from and nobody claims him. The police and sheriff's department did not receive any missing goat reports and animal control doesn't handle goats.

I tried to make him go home, wherever home is, but he cried and cried, very, very loudly. He ran to the garage and tried to get in the house but I can't let a goat in. I picked him up and carried him out to the yard where he met THE CATS! Oooooh, scary!!!

The best I can do is put him in the chicken pen with a dog igloo until morning. Then if no one claims him we will have to take him to the shelter. If they won't take him, well, I just don't know what I can do, but he can't come home with me and eat hundreds of dollars of landscaping, our siding, the camper, etc. I don't want to abandon him either. He has a collar, someone must be missing him!

I want a barn. I'd keep him.

5 comments:

me said...

A cool, yet cumbersome situation Kathy, it would appear. Certainly he has little to 'gloat' about at the moment, having lost his way home. He looks really cute from the photo, although if he was running around my lounge I might not think so! I'll say a little prayer for him, right now, to St. Isidore the Farmer. Patron Saint of livestock.

Richard Collins said...

Very good barbecued on a bed of rosemary :)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Thank you for the prayer. We're hoping someone will put up a lost goat sign otherwise he seemed to do fine overnight. He's probably really cold and it's going to rain. The dog igloo is a really big one, he can get way inside and stay dry if he figures it out.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I don't care for Rosemary much, ground is better than the little sticks we usually use, unless it's fresh. This would probably be my husband's choice but I don't think I can eat this cute little thing.

Mary Christine said...

This is such a cute story, very sweet and funny.