Monday, July 18, 2011

Red Rock Canyon- Nevada


For one reason or another this computer won't let me access Blogger very well so I hope this works. I am traveling and in Las Vegas for a conference and customer meetings. We had a few spare hours today so my co-worker and I drover over to Red Rock Canyon and drove the 13 mile loop and is part of the Mojave Desert. Although we did not see any, it is home to wild burros and mountain lions. We did see a little chipmonk and a family of what I think might be roadrunners??? Very pretty, worth the drive and small admission fee.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rock_Canyon_National_Conservation_Area

4 comments:

Catawissa Gazetteer said...

Per your suggestion I looked this up on the internet and found a bunch of pictures. Quite the place!

According to the pictures I saw Red Rock is home to not only wild burros and mountain lions but also young women in various stages of undress sprawled provocatively across the rocks.

Did you see any of those by chance?

Manny said...

Those roadrunners are pretty scrawny, aren't they? They're nothing like the cartoon...lol. I've spent a little time in the Arizona desert where they are also around. I bet there are plenty of coyotes in in that canyon.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Tom: It was a link from Wikipedia and I guess anyone can post anything they want. (Just don't look)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Manny- They are scrawny! And the cartoon character looked so much bigger. I never once saw a coyote drop and anvil on one of them LOL. They said there are mountain lions too, and they have a campground there! I never camp anywhere that I'm not top on the food chain.