I did Not set the oven on fire.
The potatoes did not burst into flame.
A spark really, with very little smoke.
You see, the potato was baking
and rolled off the oven rack
(as they tend to do)
and one sort of ended up resting on the heating element
which, of course, was hot.
It could happen to anyone.
Dinner did go on, even with the threat of flaming potatoes.
Nana Ann brought crackers for us all,
Dan and Gina on Skype thought we'd lost our minds!
But when you pop them, out comes a paper crown
a joke and a little gift, in our case stickers.
Aside from flaming potatoes,
and a bad mannered pumpkin pie,
the evening ended with a viewing of
The Music Man. Then off to bed!
I never heard a sound, but Santa arrived!
The stockings are filled with a little overflow for Taylor.
She must have been a pretty special girl this year.
We'll attend early Mass and then return to
open presents and have a little breakfast.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
And beware of the potatoes.