Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Tunnel, One Peck at a Time


Yeah, yeah, yeah, sweet faces, all of them but behind all the clucks-clucks, the scratchey- scratchies, and all of the bawk-bawks, devious minds are at work.  

Planning, waiting for just the right time.  Resistance fighters are surely among them,
 Three French Hens.

I discovered the evidence, there was no covering it up, no other explanation.
The Tunnel.
While they had me distracted with their cute, fluffy trials at flying,
the perching on my arm,
the comical attempts to balance while walking on the edge of the tub-  
the others were hard at work.
Peck, peck, peck.


Just like the little train that could,
just like those little ants with rubber tree plants, 
No resistance is futile.

Crazy chicks!


3 comments:

LindaG said...

I guess they are telling you they want bigger quarters?
Too cute! :o)

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

I have a customer who told me she watched a little wren peck holes in every one of her screens over the course of a couple of weeks. Wrens are famous for that. Mockingbirds and cardinals are known for pecking at and scratching windows. But I never knew chickens were in on the act.

Perhaps your bird of passage portends the activation of an Orwellian prophecy.

Most inauspicious to be sure.

Candy C. said...

How funny!! They are always looking for ways to escape!! ;~)