Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And They Call it Vacation?

And they call it vacation? What have I done this week so far?


Up bright and early.

Cleaned the porch-- but still need to power wash the siding.

Arranged the table--but still need to add the picnic ware.


Washed three basketsfull of laundry and hung them to dry.

Folded, hung, and put away all three full baskets.


Weeded the plants.

Potted some tomatoes and peppers.

Tended the little garden.

Saved more tadpoles.


Planted more in the big co-op garden.

Weeded same garden, twice.

Dusted--and moved furniture to do it

Cleaned bathrooms.

Cleaned ceiling fans.

Cooked, washed dishes.

Took apart the stove- cleaned it.

Baked brownies-and ate some.

Drove to the store to get milk and bread.


Cut fabric for Taylor's scrappy lap quilt & coming up with a design. It still needs borders.

Stopped watering to speak to the Jehovah's witness ladies that stopped by to announce their convention.

Tomorrow I have Taylor for the day, perhaps through the full weekend.


I think I need to get back to work so I get some rest!

7 comments:

Manny said...

LOL! I know exactly how you feel. I've taken a number of long weekends so far since the spring and it's all been chores and obligations. I'm planning on taking the 4th of July week off and it's going to be work, work, work. Except for a BBQ I'm thowing for some friends.

Manny said...

I finally got my laptop fixed and at home. I completed that Father's Day blog. Hope you can check it out.

Manny said...

Not sure if you're going to go back to my blog to see my reply, so I'll say it here too. That was a great idea about making father's day a regular father/son thing and keeping an album of the pictures. Thanks.

Wendy Haught said...

What a productive vacation! You're right, you'll have to go back to work to get some rest. Oh, and Happy Birthday! Hope all your tadpoles grow into magnificent frogs.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Thank you! I've gotten a few of the quilt squares completed but now I have Taylor for the weekend- and her guinea pigs so I have to wait until she goes back home so she won't see it.

Holly said...

Kathy~ Thanks for commenting on my post at the "Association of Catholic Women Bloggers". Its my first post over there, and it's nice to have a comment or two!

I see it's your birthday too ... Happy Birthday!

Many blessings to you,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Thankyou too! I enjoyed this post...