Saturday, October 27, 2012

What a Sweetie, Potato That Is


How did it know?
I had a teeny sweet potato from my planter box.
Nothing much to talk about, too small to cook.
So I poked it with toothpicks
and set it in water beneath 
a lamp on the kitchen counter.

After awhile the water began to smell pretty bad.
I started to change it more frequently.
Nothing happened.
Today I started to throw it out.


Suddenly it had sprouts.
It had leaves!
I guess sometimes you just have 
to push those little sweeties
to get them to do anything!

I think I'll set it over with the other plants 
by the sunny window.  
I guess I'll have vines all over the place pretty soon!




7 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

You will have a plant pet for the winter and set it out in the spring.

Michelle said...

They are a pretty plant.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

How cool! Good thing you didn't toss it out!

Powell River Books said...

I remember doing that with the kids when I was a teacher. - Margy

Faye Henry said...

That is neat.. A kid would have fun with too..

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

New follower here! I just found you through the Barn Hop. I would love for you to come share at my weekly Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-6.html Hope to see you there! Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily

Twisted Cinderella said...

How cool! I would never have thought of doing