Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Quilt Top- Wickedly Easy Red


I finally finished the top of the Wickedly Easy quilt I made from red fat quarters.  Now we'll see how long before I am able to get it quilted- I still have several others in line before this one.

 I started with 12 fat quarters of different patterns.


I washed them since they were red.
I should have put them in a mesh bag because they frayed a bit.



You cut each fat quarter into thicker and thinner
sections and then sew strips.

Then you cut and layer the strips as directed.
Place a solid from your fat quarter strips
between two larger sections.
Reserve a small layered piece for the border-
I am not using that as a border though, too busy.


Then mix them up so the long single fabric is going
up and down in one block,
and side to side in the other.


It becomes scrappy. 
I still have to choose a border, backing and probably a red binding.



These are free on line patterns so visit byannie.com to download your own.
There are several projects to choose from.



3 comments:

Kristi said...

Love the colors, and the pattern! Thanks for sharing the link.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Looks awesome! I really like the colors and fabric. Great job :)

Candy C. said...

That turned out so nice Kathy!! I love the fabrics you used!! :)