Sunday, October 7, 2012

Patches, St Charles MO


We visited the historic downtown St Charles MO main street Saturday.  It  is a National Register Historic District with cobble stone streets full of quaint shops, restaurants and night spots.  This was my first day of feeling somewhat like a normal human being after a week of diverticulitis (again).  


We agreed to stop in at Patches quilt shop since I would follow to Bass Pro afterwards. Not that I don't like Bass Pro but if the offer was made, well, was I going to turn it down?



It's a cute shop with a couple of different rooms.
Fabric is primarily in the front with patterns
and a button shop in the back.
The owner lives upstairs!


They had some wonderful period fabrics, batiks, florals and novelty prints.


Samples hang on the walls.


Quilts, bolts and fat quarters.

My husband purchased this panel a few years ago 
at another historic home that serves as
 a quilt and fiber shop but I never
had anything to go with this.
I splurged and got some fat quarters which 
were on special.


Here is the first selections but I may need another light color
which I probably already have in my stash.


Then there was one remaining chicken fat quarter, a Halloween and pretty fall colored flowers.


I couldn't resist this one with cats and birds peacefully coexisting!


Not sure what I'll make but it's really cute!




3 comments:

Kristi said...

That is cute fabric, and I love the panel you have. The fabrics you picked out go well with it.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I've never been to downtown St. Charles before, but it looks really cute. We're in SE Missouri and go up to STL quite a bit, so I'll have to check this out next time we're up that way!

Candy C. said...

You are right, NEVER pass up a trip to the quilt store! I can't wait to see what you make with some of your purchases! :)
Our little quilt shop closed this past summer...