Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Double Multi Layered Rainbow?


There was a double, multi layered rainbow tonight, 
something I have never seen before.  
If you look at the main rainbow and go up a bit, 
you will see another one above it.

Click to Enlarge.


The main rainbow repeats it's colors.
Red, orange, green, blue, indigo, violet
and then red all over again!
It even looks like a faint third time.
It looks like it might be a supernumerary bow 
from what I can find on the internet.
There isn't much explanation other than 
it's the way the light waves react.


The trees were turning color as well.  I wasn't sure after the drought.


 God said, “This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for [h]all successive generations; 13 I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud, 15 and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17 And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”


6 comments:

LindaG said...

Gorgeous shots.
Thanks for sharing with us. Have a blessed day! ♥

Jenny said...

That is the coolest rainbow! I don't think I've ever seen one like that!

And your fall color is lovely!

Oh...to feel that crisp morning air and feel the crunch of leaves under my feet.

Candy C. said...

Beautiful rainbow and the sunset too!! :)

Kristi said...

Beautiful--thanks for sharing!

Carletta said...

I've only seen one double rainbow myself.
Yours is lovely!
I like the soft golden color in the your last shot - beautiful!

Sunnybrook Farm said...

This is a great time of year for photos, the atmosphere is cleared of the summer haze.