Sunday, March 10, 2013

Washed Away



The sun finally came out this evening.
That would normally be a good thing  except 
I'm a little concerned.
You see, I planted some seeds last week.


I don't know where the radishes or lettuce will come up.
It's all washed away or swished around.
Seeds used to be here, they still may be- or not.
Not to worry, I have more



I don't have a rain gauge, but our fountain is full
with the non-stop rain we've had since Friday night.
 The low water bridge is way under and the
creek doesn't have far to go before it floods the road.
 It isn't that bad, we have another way out.
We need the water.



I haven't been very  productive, except for planting a few seeds .
So - I'll show you our new mailbox.
It's HUGE, I'm thinking about throwing our next party in it.
I'm sure the mail lady is happy because she normally 
drives down to the house and leaves packages at the door.



I've made progress on my husband's puzzle.
Well, it's my puzzle now, he put a piece or two on it
and gave up.  I'm struggling with sky, a dog and  chopped wood now.

Sorry the posts have been so lean lately.
I don't know what's wrong but I am exhausted 
when I get home from work.
There is a bug going around.
Or I've been lazy this week.

Next week I potentially have jury duty.
We'll see if I'm selected.

We just got another heavy downburst, it's absolutely pouring!
  Hopefully it's clear by morning. 



8 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

You should probably consider replanting. :-)

LindaG said...

No reason to post on a schedule. I can't keep up!
We had the same thing happen. We may have plants sprout or not; but I know we have weeds!

Have a blessed week! ♥

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I just got over the flu. Nasty bugs this year.

MandaBurms FarmStay for Cats. said...

Sedn some rain our way, may place here are in a drought, we are needing a drop of rain also.
Love the new letter box it is huge just ready for some big parcels.
Love Leanne

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

I don't understand it. All this rain and snow over the winter, and still the Mississippi looks half empty.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Maybe our water runs down river but above + rivers running into it have been low? Our smaller rivers and creeks have been high, in fact I was surprised at how many times the Meramec at Valley Park was actually deep!

Candy C. said...

Love those oversize rural mailboxes! Hopefully, some of your seeds will actually come up where you planted them.

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

So you're saying that up north there still isn't much rain? I hadn't thought about it, but that sounds right.