Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Turned Bottle Stoppers, Pens and Seam Rippers


 Wood turning is fast becoming my husband's favorite
activity.  He has been working on bottle stoppers
and additional seam rippers this past week.

The designs are one of a kind, no molds or templates
to follow other than purchasing the pre-made metal parts.  The wood
ranges from cherry, mahogany and exotics.


This is a tall stopper, better for a larger bottle.


Smaller stoppers with a mushroom design.


Pens in all shapes and wood types.


He has sold a few of the bolt action pens,
they are popular with hunters, people in the
military and collectors of unusual pens.


He is starting an inventory of seam rippers.
We've had some interest in these and have
come up with a price for local sales but
I have to understand shipping for anyone outside
of our area.  I have two on order at work.


You remove the tip, turn it around and 
reinsert into the wooden handle to use the 
ripper.  For storage, reinsert into the wooden handle.


That's is what is happening in our neck of the woods.
I've been playing around with material of course and
made my first quilted bowl holder for the microwave.
I'll be showing you that in the next day or so.

For those in the areas hit by snow,
Stay Safe!
Stay Warm!







6 comments:

Lady Locust said...

What about on etsy???? :)
They are beautiful.

Farmgirl Heidi said...

I must have one of those lovely seam rippers PNC you can determine price and a hippie to my zip code... 93271. Thanks. Heidi

Powell River Books said...

You both are so creative. I haven't been doing anything crafty since we've been traveling and staying at our place in the States. The cabin is a much more relaxed place to pick up a project. - Margy

Connie said...

Hi Kathy, this is sure a lovely form of art. I love his seam rippers. If you even start selling on line, please let me know:)
Connie :)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

He is going to get some additional metal parts and make some. I'll let you all know. They are popular at my office along with the pens.

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

Nice, but what I'd really like to find is a triangular stopper for cans of juice opened with a can opener. (The kind that punch a hole in the can.) They used to make Styrofoam ones years ago, but you can't find them anymore.