Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yabut

Once again it's Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday and I'm going to attempt to write about the letter Y.

You know that "Y" isn't an easy word to write about, unless you want to discuss Yaks or Yetis and we don't have too many of either of those roaming around these Missouri woods. So, what DO I have creeping around here from time to time? The scariest, most frightening and terrible beast of all--a (almost) SEVEN YEAR OLD Granddaughter!!!!! Simply Chilling!

Here you go:

Are you familiar with Yabut? No, you say. Of course you are, if you listen very closely I’m sure you hear it all the time. It’s not allowed in my home, nosiree. We don’t speak of Yabut, at least not without a lot of moaning and groaning accompanied with exaggerated eye rolling. And then, before you even know what’s happened, Yabut pops up again! Oh, Yabut.

Still wondering? Try this:

“Ok little T,” I say with mock disapproval, “who do you suppose left these muddy footprints across the kitchen floor?”

“Ummmm,” she replies straining to come up with at least a partially valid reason why this shouldn’t surprise me in the least. “I had to get, ummmm, some cheese.”

“Cheese?” I reply, “Really. You couldn’t take off your shoes first? Didn’t you KNOW you would leave muddy prints?

“Ya-but, I HAD to get some . . .”

“We DON’T talk about BUTTS here, you know that!”

“No, Grandma, I don’t mean . . . .”

“You KNOW that, don’t you?” I reply, holding back a snicker.

“Ya-but . . . “

“TAYLOR!” . . . ..

Sound familiar now?

Any Yabuts in your place?

:)Why (see Y/Why) don't you hop on over and check out the other entries? Link to Jenny

9 comments:

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

I have those here too Great y post

Anonymous said...

Ya-but....good one.
~Jo

lissa said...

I heard 'yabut' before but usually in the movies...wonder if that's where your little granddaughter got it from

great Y post.

Candy C. said...

Great post! Those pesky Yabuts crop up all over the place! :)

The Poet said...

Hello.
Laughing...what a lovely post for "Y".

Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday With You

Judie said...

OMG! This is way too clever!!!! AND way too funny!! I'll be remembering that YABUT!!!!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Comment through email

Kathy,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post for the letter "y" (about writing lines). I tried to return the favor but I'm having problems leaving comments on blogger posts. So, here's what I would have said had I been able to comment"

Yabut has equal billing with "round tuit" at our house. There are certain chores that never seem to get done because the person responsible for them can't get "round tuit."

Great post! Thanks for sharing.

See you next week for the letter "Z".

Jenny said...

You. Are. So. Cool!

I love this!

What a clever, clever post!

Yabut used to visit our house a lot...but sadly, all the Yabuts around here have moved on. And I'm too busy loving my time with the Grandlittles to let any Yabuts even visit at the same time!

Thanks for the smile.

This was the sweetest link for the letter Y.

A+

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Hey! You were able to post a comment! Congrats!!!!