Thursday, May 12, 2016

Arden Usher

My mother-in-law, Arden Usher, was laid to rest on Tuesday, May 10, at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery. We had a visitation at Nieburg-Vitt Thiebes funeral home in Pacific, MO with Mass at St James Catholic church in Catawissa.

We received a beautiful rose from Pauline and Bob Masson, friends from our Pacific, MO PCAC volunteer work and my husband's ham radio club. 

They selected it so our bees would enjoy it for years to come. 

 My son, Sean, flew in from Seattle and it was very nice to see him after a couple of years away. 

Sean Usher, Tom Usher, Dan Usher, Gina Usher,
Kathy Usher, Taylor Usher, Becky Usher and
Becky's boyfriend, John, behind her.

After the funeral the family, Fr. Mark and my daughter's boyfriend, John, had lunch at Joe Boccardi's which has just reopened after a complete removel due to the floods in December. We then gathered with family and friends at Dan's place which is next door to us.



What a beautiful lady she was and what a wonderful family you have. Family such a comfort. I'm sorry for your loss.
This may sound crazy but what a beautiful place and her casket spray is beautiful.
Praying for you and the family.

Gorges Smythe said...

She was a beautiful young woman. Please offer your husband my condolences, and the same to you and the rest of the family. You now have one more dear soul waiting for you on the other side. That's how I always look at it anymore.

Harry Flashman said...

Wow. She was a very beautiful woman. Sounds like she had a good extended family group.

LindaG said...

*hugs* ♥

Manny said...

Wonderful tribute and pictures. May she rest in peace.

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

Didn't I see her in the Scarlet Pimpernel?

I didn't know you had a son. He looks like his dad. Seeing as how this is Tom's time of grief, I will restrain further comments. But if your mom-in-law's funeral was anything like those of my parents, we actually had a very nice time. It helps when you know where they're going and that you'll see them again.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Our son lives in Seattle, WA so we don't see him often like we do our daughter and granddaughter. He is a computer engineer at MicroSoft so is our tech support if we can't figure something out! We would go visit him but my husband won't fly- he's afraid he'll be arrested once he refuses to do the body scan and would say inappropriate things if the agent patted him down. I don't have time to drive. I guess I'll have to visit and take my mom with me.

Catawissa Gazetteer said...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. This is Tom, Kathy's husband, by the way.

It's been a strange sort of really not sad kind of time around here, for all of us. Mom had been caught in the throes of dementia for years now, basically existing in a sort of shadow world. If she recognized any of us at all over the last few years she never showed it. No talking and very little movement have been the hallmarks of her last few years. So, while we hate to see her go I think I can speak for all of us and say we're glad it's over for her and that she's broken free of her prison.

And she was a beautiful women most of her life. She modeled when she was younger. That's why the casket was kept closed. She was completely wasted away from her dementia, weighing probably around 70 or 80 pounds. Dad told me before she died that she wouldn't want to be seen like that. She was always particular about the way she looked.