Saturday, February 18, 2012

321 Cake - An Instant Treat


If you have ever needed a sweet treat but didn't want to make an entire scratch cake, try this simple 321 recipe that has been floating around my office e-mail. Now this does not stand up to my homemade carrot cake recipe (which makes a spicy, chunky platter of goodness that must weigh 23 lbs); however, if you happen to have an irresistible need for immediate sweetness, it's a pretty good substitute. The best part--it only takes 60 seconds.


Begin with two boxed cake mixes. One MUST be angel food because it contains powdered egg whites (so don't serve this to anyone allergic to eggs). The other flavor can be anything but if it has raisins or anything dried, you better let it soak a minute or two after you add the water.


You place it in a large zip lock bag or in my case, a sealed container larger than the mix volume.


Shake it up so it is completely mixed. This is the container mine will stay in. If you choose one too you might want to slip a recipe card in a sealed bag inside or attach it to the side. It's easy to remember; however, will you remember what is in the container?


Add 3 Tablespoons of mix into a microwaveable bowl.
Add 2 Tablespoons of water.


Stir it up very well.
Place it in the microwave for 1 minute.


Look what happens! You can eat it now or drizzle some frosting over it.

See how easy, 3 T mix, 2 T water 1 Minute microwaved or 321 Recipe.

7 comments:

Candy C. said...

How clever and instant gratification to boot! :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is cool...and less expensive than the store-bought kind!!! Great idea :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Lisa said...

YUM! YUM! The possiblities are endless with this one. I am thinking about lemon or pineapple cake mix and then topping with the fruit. Thanks so much for posting this. Please link this one up to my "Made From Scratch" Blog hop!

Lisa
The Way Grandmama Does It

Farmgirl Heidi said...

My Mom has a similar chocolate chip cake she makes, but hers requires an egg for each mug. I like this idea much better. It has a lot less cholesterol. Thank for the idea Kathy. Who doesn't love a quick and easy cake baby? Thanks and have a good week ahead.

LindaG said...

What a great post! Glad I found your blog. :)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I wanted to but I was thinking it didn't qualify since I didn't make the mixes from scratch but I'll gladly link up.

CrankyPuppy said...

Oh, that is cool. Especially since I have two Angel Food mixes sitting on my counter right now and some (*blush*) expired cinnamon and chocolate mixes. I'm definitely going to try this later today. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog earlier this week! Always glad to meet another Missouri blogger.