Friday, September 16, 2011

Keeping Spices Organized


They all laugh at me, I guess I deserve it. Yes, I have an excel sheet in my spice cupboard that lists all my spices and the corresponding tub posted inside my cabinet.

One list is in alphabetic order:
Cinnamon Container #
Dill Weed Container #
Dry Mustard Container #
Garlic Container # (you get the idea)

The next list is in tub order

Container 1
list of spices

Container 2
list of spices

ETC.

Each bottle has a number on the top.
Each tub has a number on the end facing out.

I know where to find my spices and where they should be returned.

Believe me, the rest of the house isn't so organized. I'd better start.

5 comments:

Candy C. said...

Okay, that is funny, in an OCD kinda way! :)
My cupboards have all the cans, jars, spices, etc. with the labels facing front! (I have been known to "fix" them if someone else puts them away!) LOL!!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

At least I'm not the only one! One day my granddaughter thought she was being helpful and rearranged the pantry- I couldn't find anything for days!

Lisa said...

I really need to do this. I am forever pulling out and moving spices to find the ones I need. Great idea!

Farmgirl Heidi said...

That is the most creative use of an Excel spreadsheet that I have ever seen. lol. It's a great idea too. I think that would help me take stock of my spices before winter so I'd know what I need to get more of. Great help, thanks for sharing.

Manny said...

Why do they make fun of you? That looks brilliant!