Saturday, May 22, 2021

A Saturday of my Own

 I have a Saturday to do anything I want, which in this case is sipping coffee on the top porch as I listen to the early birds trying to get those worms.  

After that I will slip on my garden shoes, grab my gear and plant the huckleberries I started from seed earlier this year.  I have never grown them but they are suppose to be similar to peppers and make delicious pie.


I have some reading material to catch up on or crossword puzzels to fill in. 


My husband is going to pick up the new lawn tractor as ours had a mishap with some sort of internal part shooting its way through the deck above the blades, creating a giant hole.  If you need a tractor you better start looking, most here are out of stock and not expecting them until September.

I have been watching my new two favorite garden YouTube vloggers, Roots and Refuge Farms and Whispering Willow Farms.  If you have time take a look.  They are teaching us their garden methods but learning along with us at the same time.  I truly enjoy them.




5 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

A huckleberry similar to a pepper? I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that.

LindaG said...

Souds like wonderful times ahead. Be safe and God bless. :)

Manny said...

Kathy, you're back! It's great to see you post. In fact, I don't think I saw your June 2019 post until now. So it's been like four years since I was aware you were even alive. I remember you had some medical issues back then, so I had worried. How are you? I hope things are well. It would be great to see you back to posting.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

So far doing fine, had some struggles awhile ago. I have been very busy with a new job, changing after 20 years which was a scary move but worked out well. We have a new grandbaby and I moved my mom up to St Louis after her stroke on New Years Day. Expanded the gardens too.

Manny said...

Well, that's good. I'm glad things are better.