Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First It's Hot, Then It's Cold


I have the gardening bug- bad.  I want to get my plants in the ground!

First it's hot.
Then it's cold.
Then it's hot again.
Then we have a frost.

What's a gal to do?!

I have my lettuce, collards, spinach, radish, peas and a few tomatoes in.  The tomatoes were pretty iffy the other day, but they survived the frost.I have some potatoes in the tower. What about the rest?

The herbs, the flowers, the little seeds?
I wore a jacket to work on Monday.
Today it was 94!
The high for this weekend is 65.  
Where does that put us when the sun goes down?

Crazy weather!

The Hot and Cold water towers are in St. Clair, MO where we do some of our shopping.  There's a nice Ace Hardware there that is a perfect variety store. 
It's a small town, it doesn't even have a Wal-Mart!
This Ace has home goods, fabrics, plants, toys, hardware, clothing, candles, jewelry.  
You name it.





2 comments:

LindaG said...

Crazy everywhere for sure. Good luck!

Candy C. said...

Love the water towers! :)
Hang in there, I'm sure the weather will calm down eventually! (Yeah, right!)