Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Book Jackpot!


Wow, I really hit the jackpot the last two days.  I love to read, especially lighter mysteries and good old fashioned, nice stories like Jan Karon's Mitford series, Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove and Blossom Street series or historical fiction such as Philippa Gregory's English queen books and Bernard Cornwell's Saxon series filled with Danes invading Britan.  I picked up an Agatha Christie book, one I read years ago. I had almost the entire series and gave them away.  How I would love to have the entire collection in hardback!  Timeless.

Our library had it's annual book sale and this was week one's purchases.  Hardcovers $1, paperback $0.50.  I have the mysteries covered in addition to an  author who published the Thrush Green series under the pen name of Miss Read, this particular one in 1959.  I thought it would be a nice book.



A huge surprise for me!  A co-worker stopped by and gave me these four quilting books.  She was cleaning out her library and thought I might like them.  She's an accomplished quilter and makes many of the quilts for office baby showers or to auction off for fundraisers.  

What a great stash!  I'll have plenty to keep me busy this summer!

I also signed up for the next block of the month through my local quilt shop.  This one is much easier than my last one (that remains unfinished).  I spoke to another woman in the store who told me she signs up for all the BOMs and hasn't finished a one yet!  LOL  The fabric is by Marcus Brothers and is called Amish with a Twist.




5 comments:

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Great score on the books Kathy! What a buy. I love the new BOM quilt. I am afraid that I also have many BOMs unfinished. I usually get all the blocks done quickly, but lose steam and neglect to put the whole top together if I can't figure who I am making it for...

Candy C. said...

Lots of great books! The new BOM quilt is beautiful, can't wait to follow along with your progress! :)

Brittany said...

That is wonderful. I also love reading the same types of books. I have really been enjoying your beautiful blog.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Nice to meet you as well!

Manny said...

I love it when that happens. In fact it happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I live about a mile from a distribution center of St. Paul's publishing. I guess they are the amazon of Catholic books, or something like that. I stop in every so often to look around. Sometimes they have some really reduced priced books that they are just looking to give away. Here's their web site:
http://www.stpauls.us/

That address at the bottom of the page is not far from me.