Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gotta Build a Perch

Bird wants a perch 
so it looks like I have to build a perch for her.
That means I have to learn to use some tools
that are really scary.
But I'll do it for Bird.

My husband is going to see what scraps he can gather
and then teach me to use saws
and drills and MATH!
Oh No!
MATH

Poor Bird tries to perch on the edge 
of her plastic tubby,
it works, sort of, but not well.
She falls off.

So this perch will be Inside the house
and only a few inches off the floor,
just to make her comfortable
when she isn't sleeping on my lap.



4 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

You will need to work left brain to do that!

Candy C. said...

The things we do for our 'pets!' :)

LindaG said...

Maybe you could find one in a pet store that sells parrots or larger birds.

Or find a dowel of the right size and drill a couple holes in your bin to slide the dowel through?

Though there is nothing wrong with learning a little carpentry, either. ;-)

Good luck, Kathy! :-)

Harry Flashman said...

We all need our own perch.

Mine live in trees . Most of the flock lives in a holly tree out next to the shop.