Monday, September 30, 2013

Another Recipe You'll Never Know


Another recipe you'll never know!
Pork and dehydrated vegetables from our garden.
 It's actually a very sweet dish, 
you'll soon see why.

My husband is a great cook
(I used to be thin)
but he doesn't use recipes.
He says he can taste the dish "in his head"
so cooks by feel alone.
I can let you know some of the ingredients though,
quantities are anyone's guess.


 One pork loin
LB Jamison's ham flavored soup  base
celery- dehydrated
onions- yellow, chopped
tomatoes- dehydrated
green/red peppers - dehydrated
kale, dehydrated
apples- dehydrated
(there may have been an odd strawberry mixed in)
 butter
balsamic vinegar
garlic, chopped
 brown sugar
salt
pepper
cinnamon

Topped with biscuit type dumplings.

Serve hot and great for leftovers.






5 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

That is how I cook most of the time, I can just taste it in my head after cooking for so many years. It is very similar to painting a painting, it used to be hard but now I can see it before I start.

Harry Flashman said...

That looks savory. Stephen over at "Standing on the Outside" is a good cook, too.

Michelle said...

I am laughing because I cook the same way. My daughter wanted one of my recipes, so she made me measure everything before I add it. It took for ever.

Harry Flashman said...

More Bird posts, too!

LindaG said...

My hubby cooks the same way yours does.
We eat good, too. :-)