Sunday, November 6, 2011

Taylor's 7th Birthday


Today Taylor received her quilt- I finished in time! Her birthday is not until Tuesday but we celebrated today since they live about 20 miles away. Taylor seemed to love everything.


Mom, Becky, made sure Taylor read her birthday cards herself- aloud to practice her reading skills.


Great Grandmother Ann sent the 7th figurine in her Precious Moments birthday train. In addition to some "fun" Barbie accessories, coloring books and card games.


Then we went next door to celebrate with my husband's father, Great Grandpa Dick but I left the camera at home so the photos end here! Needless to say, Taylor had a fine day.

(Please disregard the mini blinds- we used to have indoor cats. They don't mix well with blinds, especially if there was something exciting on the other side!)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Tell Taylor Happy Birthday. You have a beautiful Daughter and Granddaughter. I have three cats so I totally understand about cats and windows.

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

WAYYYY too much Barbie! That kid's got to get some other interests. I would have bought her a mop and a bucket. Ooh, and some pie pans! I don't wanna live in a world without pie.

Nice quilt! Wish I had one. These dumb modern comforters get too hot. And my kingdom for a pillow that will stay cold!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I have to say the Barbies that she has were MINE, yep, way back then, so time to update clothes. To balance this out she also has a BB gun, a real bow and arrows and her own pocket knife. She'd rather play football or run in the woods- she says "I'm a country girl." Mop and bucket- not really her thing although she enjoy doing the things that would require a mop and bucket later!

Wendy Haught said...

What a lovely birthday for Taylor, especially getting to spend time with grandparents and a great-grandpa. The quilt is lovely. I know it will be treasured always. You are an amazing woman, Kathy. I'd like to be your apprentice.

Candy C. said...

What a beautiful mom and daughter! Taylor looks like she totally enjoyed all her gifts! Happy, happy birthday Taylor! :)

Manny said...

Nice pictures. Kids are the best. :)