Tuesday, November 1, 2011

End of Season Veges


What to do with these green tomatoes? The red ones are being dehydrated now, along with an odd apple or two (yummy)! I'd like to try some of the delicious looking fried green tomatoes and some of the green tomato relish (salsa really, as long as it's not too hot). I'll have to scroll down the blog roll and find some great ideas.


I have the last of the radishes in the side garden, boy are they hot! My husband just had oral surgery so he's missing out right now. He is the real radish fan here.

One of my little pumpkins is starting to show its age-much too small to think about cooking it- so it will go back into the garden so it's seeds will bring us more little guys next year. It seems the pumpkins that grow best are the volunteers. I never did get the big ones to come up.

It's time to clean up the garden area and start thinking about next year. We'll definitely be doing some things differently next year.

6 comments:

Candy C. said...

Gardening is always a learning experience! Heidi at My Simple Country Living did a green tomato blog hop a week or so ago. I linked a recipe for green tomato salsa and another lady linked up one for green tomato jam (without jello). I made the jam Sunday and it is really good!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Oh, good! I remember seeing it but with the playoffs and the series here in STL, plus my weekend with the granddaughter, well, I was only half paying attention. I'll go save the link! Thanks.

Manny said...

Looks like you had a great harvest this year. With too much rain, it was horrible in the northeast. Congratulations on the Cards winning the World Series!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Thanks, the whole area is pretty much floating on air. We're even having a little celebration tomorrow at work- it jeans day with coke and pretzels in the afternoon!

Meg said...

Wow! We havent gotten anything for over a month now! Great job! :-)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

We got a killing frost the other night, now everything is wilted and mushy. The ones I picked that are green are turning red so I'm still ok.