Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ladybug Invasion


Ladybugs here,
ladybugs there,
ladybugs, ladybugs everywhere!

Have a look at the video.
I took Bird out so she could sun herself on the deck 
but we had to cut the visit short due to the 
hundreds and hundreds of dive bombing beetles!

My husband went upstairs and said they found and entrance 
through the bathroom vent fan.  There were 15-20 flying
around in the bathroom.  There were several coming in 
attached to our clothing and even some in my hair!


6 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

I had lady bugs get into the apartment over my shop once. Zillions of them. My daughter directed that none were to be killed, they must all be carefully picked up and put outside. So we captured them together and let them go. She was just tiny, then. Now she has graduated to rescuing abandoned and neglected horses.

Winona said...

It sounds like what we call bean bugs. They are more orange than red. Stink to high heavens if you touch them, and they do bite! They swarmed us so bad yesterday that I just stayed in the house. They even got in the house and were flying around the light last night. I cannot tell you how much I hate these critters. In my opinion, the only good thing about cold weather is getting rid of these nasty beasts. (grin)

Gorges Smythe said...

We had them bad a couple years ago, but it was stink bugs this year!

LindaG said...

Not heard of so many ladybugs swarming like that before. Hope you can get the vent sealed off until they move on!

Candy C. said...

YIKES!! I have heard of this happening to other people and I'm sure glad it doesn't happen here! (shudder)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'm still find one or two hiding in the house. They tend to hide on the door frames.