Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Pork Rind Tortillas


We have been eating a low carb diet called KETO,
or at least I am following it as much as I can
with my colitis complications.  While I sat this dinner out
due to a flare up, my husband made these Pork Rind tortillas 
to use for a taco shell.  He got the recipe at the site below:

They are not exactly the same texture as a tortilla,
in fact they look a little like flat pancakes but
he said they worked out fine for dinner.  

I pasted the recipe below, you can also use the link
by clicking "Recipe Credit"


Keto Pork Rind Tortillas

  • Servings: 12 six inch tortillas
  • Time: 20 minutes
  • Difficulty: easy

Ingredients

  • 4 oz. Hot & Spicy Pork Rinds (regular work just fine, too)
  • 1 (eight oz.) package cream cheese, softened
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin

Method:

  1. Place pork rinds into a food processor and blitz for about 10 seconds, until they are dust.
  2. Add all other ingredients to food processor and blitz for about 45 more seconds. Until you have a nice smooth batter.
  3. Preheat an electric griddle to high. (Using a non-stick pan on the stove top would work also, I would just set the heat to medium-high)
  4. Spray cooking surface with a little spray oil (I use either coconut oil or olive oil spray) and pour 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle.
  5. Gently spread the batter as thin as you can with a rubber spatula and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
  6. Flip tortilla and continue to cook for about 45 more seconds.
  7. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
*These tortillas can be made ahead and wrapped in plastic, or stored in the freezer!



2 comments:

jewlz said...

I'm as excited about using 8 eggs as I am the low carb solution to Mexican fiesta nights- maybe more! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I love pork skins! I'll bet these were delicious! Never would have thought about it. Chuck would love the hot & spicy I would love the regular pork skins...hmmm y'all have given me some new ideas!