Monday, February 29, 2016

Simple Simon Block 5 The Splendid Sampler


Whew! Finally a block that didn't have me ripping and
resewing.   This one is Simple Simon by Celine Perkins
which is part of The Splendid Sampler mystery quilt along.

My poor multi-heart block sits in pieces on my sewing table until
I am in a better frame of mind.  I just can't line those darned
hearts up  (six of them in a 6 inch block)!!

If you are interested, click on the link and you can join too.
It's a year long project with 100 six inch blocks in the end,
or however many you choose to make. 

There are so many wonderful quilters out there, I am amazed 
at how they take the pattern, use beautiful fabric 
combinations and change it up to their liking- 
all within the "rules."  



4 comments:

LindaG said...

You are amazing to me! You will be there before you know it.
Have a blessed week, Kathy!

Lady Locust said...

What fun. This year, I'll have to quilt-along vicariously through your blog:) At least the sampler keeps one guessing so it's not mundane. Can't wait to see it all together - love the old fashioned prints you're using.

Catawissa Gazetteer said...

Ripping and resewing? How about growling and chucking!! :)

I had to retreat to the calm of my basement radio shack to find safety.

Oh well, we all know how you temperamental artists are. By the way, the new block looks great. You'll beat the other one after a break from it.

Powell River Books said...

My sister makes beautiful quilts. I'm not as handy that way. - Margy