Sunday, November 23, 2014

My Husband's New Addiction




My husband has developed a new addiction
but this one is pretty cool. He has 
been turning wood on his lathe and using his various
saws to create trinket boxes and now pens!


He has three pens with various shapes and using different woods.
 For more elaborate looking woods or acrylics, 
blanks can be ordered through Woodcraft.


This is his trinket box using various scraps of wood we had
around the house plus the bottom was created
with wood from our own cedar trees.


He is introducing our granddaughter to the band saw
so she can make some Christmas ornaments 
and going forward, painted wooden decorations. 
In the past I used fabric transfer sheets for the basic shape, 
cut them out and then paint the image using the colors you prefer.

We will be experimenting with other wooden items,
he's found some interesting and more unusual things on line.

 I'll might find I am quilting more as he spends time in the 
garage.  I am pretty far behind plan right now,
still working on my Halloween banner!  LOL.








6 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Cool!

Powell River Books said...

Beautiful pens and boxes. I have some wonderful candle holders my dad made on the lathe for me. I love the look of natural and finished wood. - Margy

Sunnybrook Farm said...

Someone was making pens like that around here, they are beautiful and feel good in your hand, not like the little skinny plastic things.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pens! What an interesting hobby. Homemade Christmas ornaments would be lovely!

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

Beautiful work! Does he make the metal parts too?

He ought to learn how to make guitar bodies. Telecasters are easy. There's a nice market for them on eBay.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

No, he doesn't make the metal parts for the pens, you can purchase a large variety of styles and then he turns the wood.