Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I'm Home



I left Hot Springs, Arkansas on Saturday where it was Fall


and returned home where it was suddenly Winter.

Surprise, Surprise!
Our farm supply stores don't even have their salt out yet
as we normally do not receive snow until December or January.

I've been taking care of Mom who is recovering from a 
serious illness, spending three months in the hospital.
She is progressing well and is expected to make a full recovery
but needs live in help for a bit.  The Doctors say 
that it takes 2 days to recover 
for every one day you spend in the hospital.

She is making plans for dinner parties and Thanksgiving celebrations
so I think she is well on her way!

Me- I will be working my way through the (gulp) countless
e-mails at work that I have been receiving since Nov 6 when I left.

Coming up- Scenes of Corning, AR 



5 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear your mom is on the mend and party planning!
BRRRR!!!! It's unusually cold here too!
We were I'll prepared for it. :/
We need more wood! Take care and stay warm!

Harry Flashman said...

I like that picture. I would enjoy sitting on the deck there and smoking my pipe, looking out over the water. It must be a nice place, Hot Springs Arkansas.

Glad your mom is well, and that you are back home and can start living a normal existence again.

Susie said...

Hi Kathy, I hope your Mom makes a speedy recovery. Love the snow pictures. I know it is difficult to get around in it but I am envious. Over here it is forecast lots and lots of rain!!! I love snow. Hugs, Susie x

Susie Swanson said...

Glad you're back. Sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad she's on the mend. Take care and stay warm.

Gorges Smythe said...

I hope all goes well for you and your mom. It's nice that you were able to help.