Monday, March 11, 2013

I Should Have Known!




My husband mentioned that he had a delightful lunch 
of wine, crackers and cheese.
 Of course this is the image I had in my mind.

Really?  I should know better!
This is what Actually happened  . . .
.
.
.
.




Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon-
still not too bad, right?
(  LOL, more on this later)



Then I found the cheese source.




The topper was his choice of cracker!
Sometimes I wonder about him.

If you want to read about my experience with purchasing 
this particular brand of wine-which I happen to really like-
 read along here
 I guess my taste runs to the 
"wrong side of the tracks" 
LOL!




wine and cheese link
 Pimento cheese spread

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE Mrs. Weavers Pimento Spread! I only buy it around the holidays though because I could single handedly eat the entire tub.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Mrs Weavers is my favorite too, sometimes we're at a store that doesn't carry it so we get another brand but it's just not quite up to par. I have to limit my husband on how much he eats of it because he, too, would gobble up the entire tub!

Manny said...

LOL! Well, he was telling the truth. I'll take either lunches. Both are yummy.

Unknown said...

LOL Kathy,

Tom must be the brother my husband never had. This looks like our picnic basket to the riverfront !!!!!! What are you doing driving all that way to LL when Barefoot is just down the road at DG ?

The other Carolyn

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I pass it on the way home from work so it's easy to stop in . Actually the visit to Lucas was awhile ago, before Dollar General moved in. We do go to DG a lot though, even if the price is slightly higher when I add my round trip gas cost, it's cheaper to drive a couple of miles rather than 10-30. Thanks for commenting.

Candy C. said...

"They" say that you should drink the wine you like regardless of price. I rather like the Yellow Tail Cabernet!
His cheese and cracker choices crack me up! :)