Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Embarrassed to Death


This is all my husband's fault, he embarrassed my tree to death.
A few years ago I bought a non-bearing flowering cherry tree, non-bearing because it would sit by our courtyard and the front porch of our WHITE house that has WHITE handrails.  I didn't want birds staining up my patio or porch rails, but I did want the pretty flowers.

Non-bearing!  He said why don't I go out and buy some non-bearing tomato plants too?  Maybe get some non-bearing pepper plants? 

He's ridiculed my tree publicly on Facebook and somehow it knew.
It couldn't hold it's head up any longer.
It began to weep sap.
The leaves curled and turned brown.
It had no purpose in life.
Embarrassed to Death.


Before, in all its glory.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

Shame on your husband. They are not non-bearing. Look at all the beautiful flowers.

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

I gotta say, a cherry tree without cherries...there's just something about that that sends the message "castration" loud and clear to men. I couldn't bear to look at the poor thing.

Candy C. said...

Oh no!! Poor little tree...

Emily Cromer said...

Kathy I am sorry for your loss.... I can feel the sheer sadness, loss and defeat through your picture.... ;)