Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our Priest on Spirit Daily

Fr. Mark, our priest, is pretty awesome. Today on Spirit Daily I saw his homily was posted so I thought I would share this with you. You can select the home page Spirit Daily then go to I Am Catholic, I Cannot Go To Hell or select that link to go directly to the post on In God's Company blog. It can also be found on Courageous Priest and on our church link below.

It recounts the experience of Gloria Polo-Ortiz and her near death experience. You can read about it here. I can't say with certainty that this is true, that it wasn't the injury that caused this; however, what if it is true? It's not easy to read her account, you see yourself. You also see how the smallest slight or neglect is damaging, things you might not even realize you are doing. I won't even go into the Big Ones.

Fr. Mark ends his article:
"The Gospel tells us that those who lived pagan lives, and call out, “Lord, Lord”, begging for help, will encounter his Divine Justice. Don’t wait until your deathbed to repent. Convert your lives while there is still time. Live God’s Mercy TODAY!"

Good thing there's Purgatory, hope I can at least make it there. Trying. Sending up extra prayers for everyone.

A link to our church and a photo of Fr. Mark: St James

:)

No comments: