Sunday, November 13, 2016

I am Still Here

Hi,

Just an update.  It took a trip to the emergency room to determine that I have carried around a bacterial infection, C Diff, for months.  It's a Really, Really bad infection but we thought it was just a colitis flare.  It wasn't.  In the meantime I also twisted my knee badly so the ER also put me in a substantial brace which I was not allowed to remove, except for showing, for a month.

Today I am on Humira, which I will post about later, and finishing up the second round of antibiotics for the C Diff.   I'll be back to posting soon.  I am so far behind reading all your blogs.

Thanks for the nice thoughts while I have been out.

Kathy

12 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Oh my. Take care of yourself and heal quickly.

Gorges Smythe said...

I was beginning to wonder if the earth had flung you off into orbit! Please take good care of yourself, and I wouldn't worry too much about "catching up" with the blogs. If most are like me, they've been spending WAY too much emotional energy on politics.

Powell River Books said...

Take care, that's nothing to mess around with. - Margy

LindaG said...

It is good to hear from you, Kathy. Been keeping you in my prayers for a while now.

Be safe and God bless you all.

Michelle said...

Take care . Will be praying for a fast recovery.

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I'm sorry Kathy. Praying for you girl.

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

Reminds me of a comic I once saw. A doctor was standing by a patient's beside. After poking and prodding a bit he finally says, "Well you appear to be free of infection. The bad news is, your colonoscopy video has gone viral."

Hope it doesn't hurt to laugh.

Harry Flashman said...

I'm sorry you have so much to contend with, but I am really glad you were able to post. I have been watching your blog and I was getting concerned that something bad had happened!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Yahoo, no one at work wanted to see the photos, can you imagine?

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

Apparently there are still a few normal people in the world. Who knew?

Ginger Dawn...A Spice Below The Horizon said...

Oh Kathy, so sorry to hear this. I am sending many warm wishes of recovery. I would make you chicken soup but we both know that me cooking would be a bad idea. Lots of prayers and rest up.

Manny said...

My prayers for you Kathy. Keep strong. You'll make it through.