Saturday, August 8, 2015

Cookie Cutters




While we were in Arkansas, Mom gave me some cookie cutters that were passed down in the family. The oldest are handmade from around the late 1890s to 1900s and belonged to Mary Smith (Grandmother Templeman) 


The middle shape is a Pillsbury Comicooky item from a comic strip. This shape looks like Lillums from 1937 from the cartoon Harold Teen.  You got the cookie cutter and cut outs to decorate your cookie after baking.
I found this photo under Hake's.com


There are a few others as well.


I have some other old cutters stored in a tin.


The chicken looks to be very old.  I love the handles on the 
stars, moon and either a biscuit or sugar cookie cutter.


Christmas themed


and a fish.  Taylor and I will have to make cookies
this year!  I've seen some really cute frosting methods on 
Facebook lately. 


6 comments:

LindaG said...

What a wonderful gift!
I remember my grandmother having some like those, many years ago. Don't know what happened to them. She was sick and passed away after I joined the military. Family divided up what was left.

Please share your cookies with us when you bake them. :-)
God bless!

Harry Flashman said...

I remember my mom having cookie cutters when I was little. She used them to make Christmas cookies. There was a star, and a pine tree, a big santa, and some others. They were always a part of our christmas.

Michelle said...

LOVE all of these!!!!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh! cool cookie cutters...
sounds like you and Taylor are going to be carrying the tradition of cookies on into generations!
yummy cookies... can't wait to see what kid of frosting ideas yall come up with!

Powell River Books said...

I have lots of old kitchen gadgets from my mother and grandmother. Now that I live in a small cabin there isn't place to display or use them, but they are saved in storage. - Margy

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I was all ready to make cookies Saturday with Taylor but the weather was nice so we all got in the jon boat and went to the river. It was a good thing, we met a younger couple with a daughter exactly the same age as Taylor and spent the day on a gravel bar with them. The girls swam, collected shells, etc. I think we have new river friends