Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Internet Problems



Our internet provider has equipment problems so our access has been sporadic, up and down several times within minutes.  Since we stream TV, which we can't do now, we've been enjoying ME TV and our local shows which we get through our antenna. That is also affecting my access to Blogger.  

Hopefully they will have it up and running well soon, especially if I have to work from home and need that access.  In the meantime I'll be reading when I can.

Other than that our office is preparing for the big split with one division becoming independent of the other.  I will be making the move up the street to our new offices in the next few weeks. For those of us that are moving, it will be a big change.  We've been very pampered with garage parking, a tunnel into the building to stay out of the weather, a cafe plus roomy cubicles and offices plus.  I've been there 15 years.  We know there will be a big change and we (including me) will be full of complaints until things normalize (when we should really be very grateful that we still have good jobs).  Regardless, it is a stressful time revamping and leaving office friends that will be with the other division.  There is an office tour today but I'm passing since I am still using the walker at work.  I think I may miss that thing since it has a compartment that holds my laptop and paperwork while I walk from meeting to meeting.  We dock and undock all day, sort of taking our desk with us.

On the home front, we're getting some vegetables and flowers planted.  My knee is preventing me from planting at ground level so the hubby is doing that while I plant in pots and on the raised garden wall.  My granddaughter can plant the flower seeds this weekend when she is here if we are not rained out.  My husband has to till the big garden area too.  The peach tree and the plumb are full of fruit. This is the first time in years that the plum has produced since we've had late frosts the past few years.  Now we have to keep the bugs off of them.  I am not a fruit tree expert so advice is welcome.

I see the Dr on Friday about my knee.  I'm driving to work myself this week and, being my right knee, it is more sore from that.  I have been able to walk up a few steps normally but not down. It's still one step at a time,  Up is always easier for me so walking down must put more stress on the dwindling cartilage behind my knee.  He will probably want to talk replacement down the road but I'm on the fence on that since I live in a two story without a main floor bed and full bath plus how will I get to work if my husband also needs to work?  Nothing immediate but some considerations.

Hopefully the internet will be back to normal soon but if you don't hear from me you'll know why.


7 comments:

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I hope they get the tv/internet problem fixed. A time when you personally could enjoy it more with your knee down. WOw, you are able to drive now! Be careful. You are in my thoughts and prayers Kathy!

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I hope they get the tv/internet problem fixed. A time when you personally could enjoy it more with your knee down. WOw, you are able to drive now! Be careful. You are in my thoughts and prayers Kathy!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Well when it rains it pours HUH? Wouldn't it figure when you need Internet to work from home it stops working or works poorly.
I hope you're able to get some relief with your knee. I hate that part about us humans-- the decay! We don't stay young forever. But it would be nice to keep on using those parts we need.. While we still need them! I also hope your job transition goes off without any hitch.
See you when you can post!

Harry Flashman said...

I hope the internet there gets fixed soon, it's frustrating to have to deal with intermittent outages.

Be careful of knee surgery. My dad had it done and it ruined his knee. Of course, that was in the 1980's so maybe they have it down better now.

Gorges Smythe said...

Change is rarely pleasant. I hope it goes well with you.

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

If you haven't scanned for channels during the past couple of months, you should do it again. There have been some nice new movie channels added for us antenna people. 33.2 and 33.3

Happy Anniversary by the way.

Powell River Books said...

Our Internet has been so bad lately we just changed to a new provider that came to town with fiber links. It makes a huge difference, and the price is the same. And the freebies to get started didn't hurt. - Margy