Sunday, July 7, 2013

Quick Shake



Want a quick shake without a blender?
This is my version- a little rough but pretty good.
I've been on a liquid diet for the last week
due to another bout of diverticulitis
so I wasn't in much shape to haul out the
blender and then clean up the mess
so I put a couple of soft scoops of ice cream in a glass
added milk and syrup


Stirred it up a little using some chopping motions



and it wasn't bad!   A nice change from 
jello, pudding and broth plus
I could make just a tiny bit.
Not the perfect shake but perfect for this situation.





4 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I know some folks who have that, including my mother, and it can be awful.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Mmm... looks good to me.
sorry to hear your having some health issues...hope that eases up for you.
Pat

LindaG said...

Hope you're back to full health soon, Kathy. *hugs*
Have a wonderful week! ♥

Lisa said...

That diverticulitis is nothing to mess around with! I had a round of it and I felt miserable. So sorry to hear you have it. My doc recommends daily doses of
metamucil fiber drink mix to keep the bowels flushed and healthy. I also avoid eating a lot of seeds like my favorite "everything" bagels loaded with poppy and sesame seeds. Hope you get better soon and enjoy those milkshakes!

Lisa