Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chicken Tongue


I think I see a chicken tongue, 
something I have never seen before, 
even feeding him water out of a dropper.
Look closely at the bottom part of the beak,
it's pink and scooping up the mash.


If you look here, there is no pink.
Do you like the Connecting Threads "carpet?"
It is the new feeding tub sitting on top of 
my catalogue.  It makes it look really nice
without the mess!


He's on my foot rest in his new tub
so I can keep redirecting him (her) to the mash.
He seems to be thriving but still very nervous,
constantly cheeping as he eats.
It's a nice cheep, at least I think it is.
He's probably saying something like
"Where have you been?"
"I'm hungry, you know."
"Do you think we could change up the flavor once in awhile?"

I'll choose to think he's just cheeping a happy tune.

 Poor cross beaked, one eyed, blind chick.

Linking to 



7 comments:

LindaG said...

He looks like he's doing good.
*hugs* ♥

Rachy said...

Oh wow! She is so lovely and looking well!

Well done, wonderful chickie Momma xxxx

Candy C. said...

It does look like a tongue! Glad to see the little chick is doing well. :)

Manny said...

Best to the chick. Right now I'm hearing about the huge storms/tornadoes going through your area. Thinking about you guys. God keep you safe.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I was working the church rummage sale, outside in the pavilion, when it first hit. I was finally able to make it back inside the building just before a bolt of lightning came down in a fiery ball and hit the center of the parking lot. It calmed down about 4:30 (part 1) and I went home. It started raging about 7 or so that evening and we lost power which was finally restored Sat night. No electricity, no well=no water or toilet! We're fine but north of us is pretty bad. Over 100 homes severely damaged in addition to commerical buildings and schools. We are so fortunate that there were not lots of deaths but almost all of us have basements unless the homes are much older or at the trailer parks.

Manny said...

I'm glad to hear you and your family are fine. God be with those effected.

Jenny said...

That little chick is looking so much better!