Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Christmas Project Update
I'm making progress on my Christmas project. I have used four Moda Flurry charm packs that I used to sew several nine patches. I started spreading them out on the floor because my table isn't large enough. This is just a few of them.
I should have taken a picture of the same one as I change it up, but I didn't so you can use your imagination! Sorry, but I know how smart my blogger readers are! You won't have any problems.
You pick up one of the nine patches and then cut it in half through the middle.
Then cut each half in half so you have four blocks with the 4 inside corners being the middle square cut in fourths.
Then you flip two of the pieces leaving the center connected. You really can switch them all up if you want to.
I scooted them together so you can pretend they are sewn together. Then you can sash them or not. I don't believe I will because I want them to all blend together.
I have two more to sew- maybe. I can stop now or get enough fabric to make two more nine patches and then it will be a pretty good length. I'm going to stop by the fabric shop on Friday so we'll see. They also have the yardage so I can see about coordinating borders, binding and backing. We'll just see if I finish this by Christmas or not.
I lied, here's the photo (LOL)!