Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cards, Cards, Cards, Cards, Cards, Cards . . . . WIN !


When the Cardinals won the pennant way back in 1967, when most were day games, our elementary school brought televisions into the classrooms and we all gathered to watch them win the World Series in seven games
We also celebrated the series win soon after we were married back in 1982.

10 World Championships
1926, 31, 34, 42, 44, 46, 64, 67, 82, 2006

17 Pennants
1926, 28, 30, 31, 34, 42, 43, 44, 46, 64, 67, 68, 82, 85, 87, 2004, 2006

and 24 Playoff Appearances.

Now we go up against the Milwaukee Brewers, two beer towns fight for the National League pennant.


Oh, and to my favorite Philadelphia blogger friend:
I'm so sorry (Cards win) for your loss (Cards win). There's always hope (Cards win) for next year (Cards win). LOL - Hugs!



This is where the newest Cardinal fan will sit and watch the World Series this year. She's become quite the ball payer.

4 comments:

Manny said...

I really didn't think they were going to beat the Phillies, but they did! Well good luck!

Candy C. said...

Cute post! Hope your team wins! :)

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

I was in fourth grade at Maryville grade school and watched the 67 series in class too. I mostly remember Bob Gibson getting all those strike outs. Tigers fans have been waiting 44 years for a rematch. Looks like they might get it. I'm just glad the Yankees aren't in it!

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

It just dawned on me that we already had a rematch in 2006. How soon we forget when we're old. Guess I'll have to take down the last post on my channel.